Made by Claire @healthyfrenchwife
Makes 12 donuts:
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour (or flour of choice apart from buckwheat or coconut flour)
- 3/4 cup of stevia powdered sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup of soy milk or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- vegan butter for greasing the donut moulds
- 1 can of coconut cream refrigerated
- 1/2 tsp of beetroot powder
- 2 tbsp of stevia powdered
- 1/4 tsp of blue spirulina
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and put your coconut cream in the fridge if you haven’t done so already. (Tip: I always keep one can in the fridge)
- Grease your donut moulds with vegan butter.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, stevia and baking powder together.
- Add in the vanilla, soy milk and mix it together.
- Add in the coconut oil and pour in the moulds almost to the top.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until light golden.
- Leave them to cool down for one hour out of the moulds
- For the icing, scoop the hard coconut cream from the top of the can and divide into 2 bowls (if you wish to have the blue and pink- or one bowl otherwise).
- Add in 1 tbsp of stevia in each bowl and the beetroot/ blue spirulina powder. Whisk well and dip each donut in the cream. Use a spoon if needed to spread the icing. Best eaten on the day or ice them just before serving.