A healthy twist on the famous "twix bar". This coconut caramel bar recipe contains only natural ingredients and it tastes heavenly!
For the pink coconut layer:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp pink pitaya powder
For the caramel layer:
- 1 cup dates (or 12 Medjool dates), soaked and pitted
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup raw almond butter
- For the chocolate coating
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- For the coconut base, process all ingredients in a food processor. Be sure that the pink colour is incorporated
- Once combined, press mixture down into a square baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- For the caramel, process all ingredients in a processor or blender.
- Spread an even layer of caramel on top of the coconut base.
- Place in freezer to set for 2-3 hours.
- For the chocolate coating, whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Once set, cut into bars and individually coat each bar with melted chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set
Created by @wildblend