Indulge in these vegan Christmas cake pops made with our antioxidant blend and we can assure that your guests will fall in love with this creative recipe.
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 20 Prep time: 40m Cooking time: 25m )
For the sponge:
- 110g Vegan butter, melted
- 110g Flour, sifted
- 110g Caster sugar
- 2 tbsp antioxidant blend to make the red colour
For the frosting:
- 40g Vegan butter, melted
- 40g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 200g Icing Sugar
For the decoration:
- 300g Vegan white chocolate
- Vegan sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/358°F.
2. Start by making the sponge. In a mixing bowl, cream the caster sugar and 110g of butter together.
3. Sieve in the flour. Thoroughly mix together until smooth.
4. Divide the batter into two separate halves.
5. To make the cake a red colour, divide to half the batter and add 2 Tbs of
Unicorn Superfoods Antioxidant bend and mix well.
6. Pour each mixture into a cake tin lined with greaseproof or parchment paper.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Then leave to cool on a wire rack.
8. Next, make the frosting. Cream 40g of the vegan butter in a mixing bowl until pale.
9. Now mix the vegan cream cheese then icing sugar into the butter until smooth.
10. When the sponge has cooled, crumble into fine breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl.
11. Thoroughly mix the frosting into the sponge until smooth then roll out 20 balls from the mixture. ( the red or the yellow )
12. Place the balls onto greaseproof or parchment paper then leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
13. Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
14. To make the chocolate red colour, after you melt the chocolate, add 1-2 tsp
Of Unicorn Superfoods antioxidant blend and mix well till it turns the red you desire.
Then for each cake pop, dip the end of a lollypop stick in the chocolate then stick 1/3 of the way into each ball. Chill for another 30 minutes in the fridge.
15. Dip each cake pop in the melted chocolate, twirl until smooth then sprinkle with sprinkles, or sprinkle the white chocolate.
16. Leave to set in the fridge for a final 30 minutes.
Enjoy! Recipe by @vgnbites_