Create these Red Velvet Cupcakes for your special someone this Valentines Day! We guarantee they will be impressed by this delicious sweet treat!
Recipe: (makes 6 cupcakes)
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sweetener/sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder (more if wanted)
- 1/2 cup Vegan Buttermilk (1/2 tbsp lemon juice then almond milk up-to the 1/2 cup line.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Unicorn Superfoods Beetroot Powder
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Cacao
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Unicorn Superfoods Beetroot Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and beetroot powder then mix together.
- Prepare the vegan buttermilk by adding 1/2 tbsp lemon juice into a measuring jug and then adding almond milk up to the 1/2 cup line and allowing to sit for a minute to curdle into buttermilk.
- Add the vegan buttermilk, vanilla extract, oil, vinegar to the mixing bowl and whisk briefly to combine into a batter. Don’t over-mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of one of the cupcakes comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Add vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, beetroot powder and 2 tbsp milk to the bowl of your stand mixer. Starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until the frosting is thick and smooth. If needed, add the extra milk.
- Pipe the frosting on top of your cupcakes and serve.
Created by: @becomingbrooke__