These chocolates are:
✅ Raw/ no-bake
✅ Gluten free
✅ Free from refined sugar
Ingredients (makes approx 15 1.2inch hearts)
- 1 1/4c cherries
- 1c desiccated coconut
- 1/2c shredded coconut
- 1/3c (+1T) coconut oil (melted)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp @unicornsuperfoods Berrylicious Blend
- 275g dark chocolate
- Place cherries in a food processor until coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, add cherries, coconut, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix until well combined
- Scoop and press the mixture into your desired mould (don't have a heart mould? no problem - I also used silicone muffin pan to make discs- or you can use a loaf tin and cut to make bars). Put in the freezer for 2 hours to set (I left mine overnight).
- Melt 275g dark chocolate with 1T coconut oil in a bowl over the saucepan. Mixing continuously so the chocolate does not burn- turning off gas just before all chocolate is melted as the warmer choc will finish the process.
- Remove the hearts from the freezer and use a fork to dip and coat them in the melted chocolate (Work quickly! As the chocolate gardens fast!). Once coated sit them on a tray lined with baking paper and return to the fridge or freezer to set and store.
- To decorate- you can drizzle some melted chocolate over to make some lines, and top with freeze dried strawberries.
- Eat and enjoy!
Recipe and imagery by the very talented @thescientistskitchen ❤️