Indulge in this healthy and protein packed red velvet cinnamon roll featuring our beetroot powder this Valentines day! So delicious with the added health benefits of antioxidants, calcium, iron, folate and manganese which are great for your overall well-being.
- 70g plain flour
- 30g protein powder
- 100g unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp beetroot powder
- Syrup and cinnamon for the filing
- Icing sugar and a dash of beetroot powder with water for the drizzle
- Add the flour, protein powder, coconut yoghurt, baking powder and beetroot powder into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Roll out dough onto a surface, flatten the dough and cut it equally into three strips.
- Mix the cinnamon and syrup together and then spread on top of the 3 strips
- Start rolling up the dough until it creates a scroll.
- Then pop it the skillet ready for baking in the oven. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes on 180 degrees.
- Once it's finished baking, take out of the oven then spread more of the syrup and cinnamon on top.
- Top with icing sugar, beetroot powder with water and then drizzle and dried freeze raspberries.
Recipe by @abcdefghijkleila_