@cook.vegetarian has taken these oat biscuits to the next level and made them into a biscuit sandwich with fruity pink pitaya powder cream cheese, yum!
For the Biscuits -
- 125 g whole-meal flour
- 125 g rolled oats
- 125 g raw brown sugar or to taste
- 115 g dairy-free butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the Cream Cheese:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in warm water for at least 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 100 g coconut natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh strawberries, for serving
- 1 tbsp pink pitaya powder
- In a bowl mix whole-meal flour, oats and sugar together.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in maple syrup, lemon juice, baking soda and baking powder, stir until mixed together. Take away from the heat and add the melted butter mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until a soft dough starts to form. Knead for 5 minutes until soft and smooth. Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough until 0.5 mm thick. Using a cookie cutter cut out the biscuits and arrange on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let the biscuits cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the cream cheese. Drain cashews and place into a blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Process until creamy and smooth. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese on the flat side half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, flat side down, and gently press together. Enjoy!