The cutest little Christmas indulgence. This chocolate cupcake recipe is a must-try!
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (25g) cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp (30g) apple sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) plant milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup (190g) vegan butter (at room temperature)
- 1.5 cups (150g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Unicorn Superfoods Pink Pitaya Powder
- 1 tbsp (15ml) plant milk
- 6 red skittles
- dark chocolate antlers and eyes
- For the cupcakes, combine the wet ingredients in a bowl and combine. Sift the dry ingredients into another bowl and mix together. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and grease/line a muffin tin. Divide the batter equally among 6 muffin moulds, even out the top and place in the oven to bake for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the frosting, add the butter into a bowl. Sift in the powdered sugar and pink pitaya powder while whisking the buttercream into frosting. Add the milk and keep on mixing until nice and fluffy. Then transfer to a piping bag and place in the fridge, while the muffins cool down.
- Leave the buttercream to cool down at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before applying.
- Add decorations and serve!
Created by: @thetastyk