This Blueberry Ocean Tart is what summer dessert dreams are made of! It’s vegan, gluten-free and easy to make! Kirsty added our Ocean Blend which gives it this beautifully rich dark blue color, it will ‘wow’ any guests! Serve it with tons of fresh berries and you’ve got yourself a creamy, sweet-tangy slice of heaven.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gf all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 15oz (400ml) can full-fat coconut cream
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅛ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- ½ cup cashews, soaked
- 1 Tbsp Unicorn Superfoods Ocean Blend
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- zest of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and grease a 8” (20cm) tart tin.
- For the crust, place all ingredients into a food processor until you have a sticky and crumbly dough. Transfer to the tart tin and press down evenly to the bottom and up the sides. Fill with baking beans, place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the coconut cream, maple syrup, and lime juice to a medium pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, add in the agar agar and let simmer for 1 minute until it has dissolved. Use a whisk to mix everything together.
- Pour into a heat-resistant high speed blender, add the cashews and ocean blend and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into the tart tin and transfer to the fridge for 2-4 hours. Top with blueberries, blackberries and lime zest and enjoy!
Created by: @thetastyk