We collaborated with @thetastyk and Kirsten created a Rainbow Cake. It is 100% dairy-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free and colored with our natural superfood powders.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (alternatively you could use dried figs)
- 1½ cup raw walnuts (or half-half oats/almonds/coconut)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked for min. 6 hours
- 1 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 (15oz) can full-fat coconut milk (make sure it's at room temperature or it will harden up the coconut butter)
- 1 cup water
- juice and zest of 1 organic lemon/lime
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- Color Layers:
- 1 tsp Unicorn Superfoods berrylicious blend
- 1 tsp Unicorn Superfoods ocean blend
- 1 tsp Unicorn Superfoods alkalizing blend
- 1 tsp Unicorn Superfoods tropicana blend
- 1 tsp Unicorn Superfoods pink pitaya
- Line the bottom of a 20cm round cake tin with parchment paper.
- Add all your crust ingredients into a food processor/high speed blender and pulse until you get a sticky dough. Place the dough into the cake tin and use your fingers to press down evenly. Place into the freezer to chill.
- For the filling simply add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high for 60 seconds until completely smooth. Divide the filling equally into 6 different bowls. Add about 1 tsp of the 5 Unicorn Superfood blends to each bowl and blend each layer separately (make sure to clean your jug in between).
- Pour the first layer onto the crust and use a spoon to even out the filling. Place into the freezer for min. 30 minutes until firm and repeat this step with all the other layers. Finish with a final white cream layer and add some colorful sprinkles/colored desiccated coconut/other decorations on top and freeze for another 3-4 hours (or overnight).
- Carefully remove the tin and let it thaw a bit before cutting into pieces. Store in the fridge for 3 days and freezer up to 2 months.
Serving size: 153g Calories: 520 Fat: 37g Saturated fat: 14.7g Unsaturated fat: 20.5g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 42g Sugar: 29g Sodium: 38mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 0g
Superfood blends are excluded from the nutrition values