Add a special touch to your Mother's Day brunch with these Pink Pitaya Buns 💕
- 0.25g @unicornsuperfoods Pink Pitaya Powder
- 10g sugar
- 30g warm milk of your choice
- 370g flour
- 1 tsp flaxseed meal
- 30g sugar
- 6g instant dry yeast
- 165g plant-milk room temperature
- 55g butter, cubed and softened at room temperature
- spread of your choice for filling
- melted butter
- powdered sugar (optional)
1. Add 10 grams of brown sugar and the fruitpowder in a bowl. Add 30 grams of warm milk and stir. Let sit the mixture aside.
2. For the dough: add all ingredients, except butter, to the bowl of your stand mixer. Knead on low speed for 10 minutes until the dough comes together. Next, add the butter and knead for 10 minutes at low-medium. Let sit at room temp for about 1 hour. Transfer the dough to the fridge for 1-2 hours or until fully doubled in size. Roll dough into 30x45 cm.
3. For the filling: spread filling on top of the dough and roll it as demonstrated in this video. Cut the buns and place it in a baking tray. Cover and proof for 30-45 minutes. Bake at 180C for 12-15 minutes. Brush the hot buns with the melted butter and spread on some sugar.
Made by @danistrailcooking 💕