UNICORN DOUGHNUTS – VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE
- 1 cup (150g) gluten-free plain flour
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar or 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 7 tbsp nut milk
- 1 can full fat coconut milk – refrigerated for at least 8 hours
- Black Goji Berry for purple, Beetroot Powder for red, Blue Spirulina for blue and Pink Pitaya for pink.
- Preheat your oven to 180*C (160*C fan assisted)/ 350*F
- Mix the flour, sugar or maple syrup, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, milk and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Lightly oil a silicon doughnut tray and divide the mixture equally between them.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool completely before icing otherwise the frosting will melt!
- Using the solid part of the coconut only, transfer into a bowl and whisk using a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Divid the mixture evenly between 3 bowls and start adding different colours into each. Add a little at a time until you’re happy with the colour.
- Dip each doughnut in twisting it to the right then left until you have an even coat of the frosting.